Regulation surrounding the operation of charities has become more time-consuming and complex in recent years. Up to date advice delivered in plain English is a must for charity trustees to navigate their way through the regulatory framework.
We understand that when you are responsible for the proper use of charitable funds you are looking for specialist advice delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. With many years of experience in supporting charities we offer assistance to all sizes of organisation at all stages of development. We are also happy to advise non-charity clients who deal with charities in relation to any specific issues that need to be considered.
Whether you are a start-up charity or one that has been established for many years we offer practical advice in the following areas:
- Establishing a new charity (whether incorporated or unincorporated) including dealing with your application for charitable status with the Charity Commission
- How to deal with your obligations to the Charity Commission and Companies House (where applicable)
- The responsibilities of trustees
- Review and amendment of your charity’s constitution
- The issues a charity must consider when buying or selling property
- How a charity can fundraise, including making best use of Gift Aid
If you are a trustee of an existing charity or have been asked to join a charity’s board or are contemplating setting up a new charity please contact us for advice and assistance.