We are recruiting...
Would you like a new exciting and challenging role which will utilise your existing legal/ secretarial/ administrative experience and enable you to develop your skills and career further? If so, please read on...
We are currently recruiting a legal secretary/ assistant to work with our dynamic team of professionals in our unique West Sussex legal practice.
The successful candidate will provide paralegal/ administration support across several departments; Private Client, Employment and Property, working closely with the fee earners on their caseloads.
As a legal secretary/ administrator you will have direct impact on the progress of matters, liaising directly with clients and providing as much assistance to the fee earners as possible. The level of this will depend on experience but we are keen to get the right person and are willing to develop them into the role as required.
Whilst no two days may look the same the type of work you could encounter on any given day may include:
- assisting the fee earners with all aspects of their work
- liaising with clients, other interested parties, Land Registry, agents, etc. in respect to matters including dealing with enquiries wherever possible
- filing, photocopying, answering the telephone, opening new files, dealing with incoming post/ emails and archiving
- carrying out research as directed by the fee earner
- carrying out electronic and physical file case management
- drafting letters, Land Registry forms, documents, reports, invoices, etc.
- learning the processes involved in all aspects of work undertaken by the fee earners
- general office duties working collaboratively with the administrative team to ensure the smooth running of our busy highly respected law firm including performing a variety of administrative duties, as well as reception cover as required.
To be the successful candidate you will:
- be an outstanding secretary/ administrator with a professional manner and approach to your work ideally with previous experience working in the legal sector perhaps in a similar role
- be bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic and ready to take on a challenge
- be able to identify priorities and manage deadlines
- be able to demonstrate excellent people and time management skills
- be very organised, thorough and efficient
- have excellent attention to detail and a systematic approach to working on a large volume of cases at a time
- have proven strong mathematical and grammatical abilities
- be a team player when necessary and be able to work under your own initiative at other times
- be able to build effective relationships with contacts and clients to foster good working relations
- have initiative and a real desire to succeed and provide exceptional client service
- need to demonstrate excellent communication and IT skills.
For the successful candidate we will provide excellent career opportunities, the chance to get involved in all aspects of client matters, a competitive salary, and a stimulating and friendly work environment.
If this sounds like an ideal role for you please email: firstname.lastname@example.org your CV together with a covering letter setting out your interest and experience along with your salary expectations. All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you have not heard back from us within two weeks of submitting your application please assume your application unsuccessful.