More and more people are looking to branch out into their own business or sell up after many years of hard work and development. When considering such a move, sound advice from an approachable professional is essential to maximise the opportunity.
First and foremost, our clients appreciate having a legal adviser they can relate to and who knows what’s important to them; we recognise that buying or selling a business is a significant step that requires effective planning and sound legal and commercial advice.
We are always happy to work alongside your other financial professionals such as accountant and tax adviser, to ensure you receive properly structured advice on the overall implications of such a decision.
We advise a range of clients – both individual and corporate, on all aspects of the sale and purchase process:
- Agreeing the initial heads of terms
- Carrying out and responding to the due diligence process
- Reviewing and advising upon key contracts to the business
- Negotiating and agreeing the sale and purchase agreement
- Ensuring appropriate warranties and restrictions are in place
- Ensuring there is no uncertainty over exactly what is bought and sold