Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of your home, including the following:
- Dealing with the Land Registry;
- Redeeming any mortgages or charges registered against the Property
These fees are applicable for any residential purchase up to the value of £1,000,000.00. Should your purchase be above this, please contact us for a full quote.
Fees & Disbursements
Our legal fees: £650.00 + VAT to £1,500.00 + VAT
Bank telegraphic transfer fee: £20.00 + VAT per bank transfer
Office copy entries: £3.00 + VAT per copy document required
Kindly note that VAT is currently payable at 20%
Leasehold Properties & Managed Freehold Properties
Should you be purchasing a leasehold property, or a freehold property with a management company, there are additional disbursement which may be applicable. These fees vary from property and are determined by the landlord or management company. We would not be able to confirm the exact costs until appropriate documentation has been received from the landlord/management company. However, the fees payable usually are:
Replies to standard enquiries: £200.00 - £500.00
You should also be aware that any ground rent and/or services charge arrears must be settled on or before completion.
The Purchase Process
In brief, the purchase process unfolds as follows:
- Once we have received the sales memo from the Estate Agent we issue our client care letter to you and forward to you forms for completion relating to the property which are to be submitted with the draft contract to the purchaser’s solicitors.
- On return of these papers and on receipt of confirmation of instructions by the purchaser’s solicitors we issue a draft contract and supporting documentation.
- We liaise with you to answer any enquiries raised by the purchaser’s solicitors.
- Once the contract is approved by the purchaser’s solicitors and you are happy to proceed we will get you to sign the contract.
- We will then proceed to exchange contracts at which time a deposit is payable by the purchaser (after which both sides are contractually committed to the transaction) and a completion date is set.
- We then obtain final accounts from your Lender and draw up our final statement of account to you.
- We then submit final information to the purchaser’s solicitors to enable the purchaser to complete on the nominated completion date.
- We obtain a Transfer Deed from the Purchaser’s solicitors and obtain execution of the same by you in advance of completion.
- On completion and receipt of the balance of purchase monies we will account to you for monies paid and received upon your behalf.
- After completion we forward the Transfer document and any original paperwork to the purchaser’s solicitors.